Pastor Jill Houghton
Jill Houghton was born and raised in Austin, Texas, and grew up enjoying life in the country. Jill was very active in church, and from a young age participated in singing and playing the piano for worship services. She also enjoyed studying and performing dance. Her love for music and dance ultimately led to her meeting her favorite dance partner who became her future husband.
Jill and her husband have been blessed over the years with fulfilled lives, a beautiful daughter, and a wonderful son-in-law. Nevertheless, there were some difficult life seasons with unemployment and marital conflict which led them to seek counseling. Adding further to life challenges, Jill was a caregiver assisting ailing family members for many years. Her life experiences stirred a strong desire to help others who have difficulties or trauma in their lives.
Jill embraced formal training through the National Christian Counselor’s Association (NCCA) and Head to Heart Restoration Ministry. She is devoted to helping others find hope and the restoring freedom and love of Jesus Christ. Jill is a Licensed Pastoral Counselor, a Certified Temperament Counselor, and a Professional Member of NCCA.
Jill Houghton’s Education and Pastoral Counseling Credentials Include:
- BA in Christian Counseling – Colorado Theological Seminary
- Head to Heart Restoration Ministry School of Pastoral Counseling
- National Christian Counselors Association Certified Temperament Counselor
- National Christian Counselors Association Licensed Pastoral Counselor
- Ordained Minister in the State of Texas
National Christian Counselors Association Faith Based Board Certifications:
- Member National Christian Counselors Association